For nearly 75-years, Best Western® Hotels & Resorts has been an industry leader in providing you with clean, well-maintained accommodations. At the onslaught of the COVID-19 pandemic, Best Western® was among the first in the industry to roll out standards and best practices to enhance their cleaning protocol. Now, as part of their ongoing commitment to keeping you safe and healthy during these challenging times, they have expanded on their industry-leading cleaning standards with the launch of the new We Care CleanSM program.
The Best Western® Commitment
As the world begins to gradually reopen, Best Western® is excited to welcome loyal AAA members back to their hotels while meeting health and well-being standards. When you are ready to travel again, Best Western® understands that you’ll have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations.
Based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and Health Canada, the We Care Clean program addresses everything from guest room and common area cleanliness, to streamlined processes that minimize contact between guests and associates. The We Care Clean program does this while maintaining the customer service you expect from a Best Western-branded hotel.
When you next stay with Best Western®, there will be some changes you can clearly see, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals. Others, you can rest assured, are taking place behind the scenes, such as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards. The We Care Clean program addresses five key areas in Best Western® hotels:
We Care Clean Program
Front Desk and Lobby
- New protocols will minimize guest contact with personnel through a streamlined check-in and check-out process such as the use of Best Western’s Mobile Concierge platform.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, wellness best practices signs will be prominently posted, and all lobby brochures, magazines and papers will be removed.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures will be in place at the front desk, in the lobby and across guest touch points throughout the hotel. Disinfecting will be taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations or wipes will be available throughout hotels.
Guest Room and Housekeeping
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols will be implemented in guest rooms. If possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 to 72 hours after check-out. At which time the room, linens, and all touch points (like faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers) will have been cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Unnecessary items will be removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be by request only.
Temporary Breakfast Offerings
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, offerings have been adapted to prioritize your health and safety.
- Breakfast offerings that comply with local regulations, with breakfast rooms closed where required to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- Enhanced ‘Grab & Go’ offerings will be implemented in most hotels providing guests with pre-packaged food and beverage options.
- Hotels may opt to provide a “served” or pre-plated breakfast to minimize guest contact with food, beverages and surfaces, and cross contamination.
- When allowed to open, public amenities such as fitness centers, swimming pools and meeting rooms will be cleaned on closely monitored schedules with disinfecting chemicals. Each evening, these areas may also be sanitized with the use of electrostatic fogging, ozone generators or ultraviolet devices (once available).
- Hand sanitizer or wipes will be provided for guests and employees in all public areas.
Hotel Employees and Staff Requirements
- Hotel employees will follow strict guidelines, including utilizing Personal Protective Equipment, frequent and stringent hand-washing protocols. Housekeepers/laundry staff will wear both gloves and a mask.
- Employee workstations will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Employees will be empowered to stay home if unwell and will communicate their potential exposure to COVID-19 with management. They will be fully educated on how to maintain a safe and clean home.
Support Our Front-Line Heroes
Best Western® is dedicated to helping fight COVID-19 by supporting our front-line heroes. AAA members can get involved by converting their Best Western Rewards® points to a donation to Project C.U.R.E.
Start Planning Your Next Best Western Stay
At AAA, we understand much has changed this year. We know that the choice to travel right now is a personal one. When you are ready to travel again, AAA is here to help.
Contact a AAA Travel Agent near you at 800-529-3222.
© 2020 Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved. Best Western and Best Western marks are service marks or registered service marks of Best Western International, Inc. All rights reserved. AAA and AAA marks are owned, and use is granted, by the American Automobile Association.