Organize In Advance
Before you start packing, decide what you’re taking and place items near your bag. This will make packing faster and more efficient.
Pack bulky items like shoes and personal care items on one side and clothing on the other.
- First, pack clothing that tends to wrinkle on the zippered side. Since it has a flat surface this will lessen wrinkles and the zip closure keeps clothing from shifting and falling out when you open the bag.
- On the open side of the bag pack shoes down by the wheels up along the sides of the bag, balancing the weight to help stabilize the bag when upright.
- In the space between the handles, pack a long packing cube with smaller items like socks and underwear.
- Continue to pack personal care items and additional packed cubes to fill up all the nooks and crannies.
- Finally, use the suitcase compression straps to maximize packing space and keep items from shifting.
Divide Your Items
Simplify the process by dividing everything into three groups:
- clothing that is folded
- clothing rolled up and in packing cubes
- bulky items like shoes and personal care items.
Put Your Suitcase On A Table
Packing a hard sided suitcase – any suitcase – is much easier if you don’t have to bend over to pack it.
Pack anything you think you might need on your travel day on top in a packing cube for easy access.
Use The TSA Lock
Many hard sided bags – like this featured Ricardo Rodeo Drive 21” spinner bag – have an integrated TSA approved lock – which provides additional security when checking your bag.
Need A New Suitcase?
Check out your local AAA Oregon/Idaho Travel Store for the Ricardo Luggage sale on these and more styles including spinner suitcases, duffle bags and backpacks.
Ricardo Luggage Sale!
Now through May 19th AAA Members receive 15% off Ricardo luggage at your local AAA Oregon/Idaho Travel Stores.
Rodeo Drive 21” Spinner
AAA Member Price: $229.99
Available in Black and Silver Lilac, sizes 21”, 25” and 29”
Designed and engineered with a nearly indestructible Makrolon® by Covestro polycarbonate exterior, the Rodeo Drive 21” Spinner Suitcase offers smooth, ergonomic handling, a well-organized interior, a TSA-lock and has tech-charging capable, so you’re always powered up.
Rodeo Drive Weekender Duffle
AAA Member Price: $149.99
One of the most versatile pieces in the Rodeo Drive Collection, the Weekender Carry-On Duffel offers generous packing capacity in a Nanotex® water-resistant fabric exterior. Featuring plenty of pockets to keep things organized—including quilted padded laptop and tablet pockets and a handle pass-through strap to attach to any rolling bag. Also includes a removeable shoulder strap, bottom zippered pocket for cables and tech items and a mini interior LED light.
Rodeo Drive Soft Sided Backpack
AAA Member Price: $149.99
Ricardo’s tech-friendly soft-sided backpack offers generous packing capacity in a Nanotex® water-resistant fabric exterior. It has plenty of pockets to keep things organized—including quilted padded laptop and tablet pockets and a handle pass-through strap to attach to any rolling bag.
Join Us For A Packing Event
Traveling soon? Join us at an upcoming Travel Smart Pack Right Event!