Review your insurance policy each year to ensure you have the coverage you need and you’re taking full advantage of available discounts and savings.
AUTO INSURANCE DISCOUNTS AND SAVINGS
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insuring all of your vehicles through AAA may bring savings.
- Driver training program discounts: Senior and teen drivers may be eligible for discounts by completing courses or programs; check with your local AAA branch to find out what’s offered.
- Pay in full: Paying your policy up front may save you money on installment fees.
- Good student discount: You may save if you’re a parent insuring a full-time or part-time student who meets certain grade point average and driving record qualifications.
- Low mileage: If you drive fewer miles, you may be able to save on car insurance.
- Higher deductible, lower premium: Raising your deductible – the amount you’ll pay out of pocket before your insurance company payment kicks in – can reduce your annual premium. If you choose to have a higher deductible, make sure you have enough money set aside in case you need to file a claim.
HOME INSURANCE DISCOUNTS
- New loan discount: If you recently purchased a home, your homeowners insurance premium may be reduced in the first year if you get a mortgage to purchase your home (does not apply in California).
- Home protection discount: Discounts may be available if your home is in a gated community or equipped with theft and/or fire protection systems.
- Multi-policy discounts: Insuring both your home and vehicle(s) through AAA can result in savings. Renters may also qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Loyalty discount: If you’ve insured your vehicle(s) through AAA or another insurance provider for a designated length of time (without lapses), you may be able to receive a discount (does not apply in California).
Insurance discounts vary by state, so you’ll want to contact your agent or reach out by phone for specifics. Call your AAA agent or 1-866-222-7868.