- Review your insurance policy annually to make sure you’re covered where you need it. Yearly reviews also help ensure that you’re taking full advantage of available discounts and savings.
- Bundle your home and auto insurance to take advantage of discounts. Many insurance partners offer discounts and better rates when you bundle. Bundling allows your insurance agent to better understand your needs, and helps reduce gaps in coverage. Bonus tip: Bundle and pair with an umbrella policy.
AUTO INSURANCE DISCOUNTS AND SAVINGS
- Multi-vehicle discount: Insuring all of your vehicles through AAA may bring savings.
- Driver training program discounts: Senior and teen drivers may be eligible for discounts by completing courses or programs; check with your local AAA to find out what’s offered.
- Pay in full: Paying your policy up front may save you money on installment fees.
- Good student discount: You may save if you’re a parent insuring a full-time or part-time student who meets certain grade point average and driving record qualifications.
- Low mileage: If you drive fewer miles, you may be able to save on car insurance.
- Higher deductible, lower premium: Raising your deductible can reduce your annual premium. Your deductible is the amount you’ll pay out of pocket before your insurance company payment kicks in. If you choose to have a higher deductible, make sure you have enough money set aside in case you need to file a claim.
HOME INSURANCE DISCOUNTS
- New loan discount: If you recently purchased a home, your homeowners insurance premium may be reduced in the first year if you get a mortgage to purchase your home.
- Home protection discount: Discounts may be available if your home is in a gated community or equipped with theft and/or fire protection systems.
- Loyalty discount: If you’ve insured your vehicle(s) through AAA or another insurance provider for a designated length of time (without lapses), you may be able to receive a discount.