Explore the Hottest Destinations and Plan your Next Vacation at the 2020 AAA Traveler Showcase in Tigard on Jan. 26
PORTLAND, Ore., – Where will you go in 2020? Come see what’s waiting for you at the AAA Traveler Showcase from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, January 26 at the Embassy Suites Washington Square in Tigard. Find out about breathtaking global destinations and hidden gems from your local AAA Travel Team and our preferred travel partners. New this year is a presentation from AAA Club Adventures on small group adventure tours for women, built by women.
“Whether you’re planning an around-the-world trek or a weekend getaway, we have trips for all age groups and budgets,” says Doreen Loofburrow, Senior Vice President of Travel for AAA Oregon. “The AAA Traveler Showcase has countless ideas for a fun, seamless, worry-free adventure and you can even book your trip right on the spot. You can also check out the latest luggage and travel accessories from our AAA travel store and get helpful packing tips from travel expert Anne McAlpin.”
Europe remains a top travel destination and some of the top spots for 2020 include Ireland, Scotland and Mediterranean cruises. Travelers are also interested in more exotic locales such as South America, Africa and Asia – specifically Vietnam and Cambodia to learn more about these cultures and to have an immersive travel experience. In the U.S., Alaska is a perennial favorite, and we’ll have the On Stage Alaska presentation at the Traveler Showcase. River cruising keeps growing in popularity and includes itineraries in Europe, Asia, Africa, Russia and North America. Many cruises offer active options such as the opportunity to bicycle or run on your port visits. Multi-generational travel is a hot trend. Families want to plan trips that offer activities for every age group, creating lasting memories.
The Traveler Showcase also features great destinations that are closer to home. “Not every vacation has to be to an exotic destination as there are countless places to see in our backyard,” adds Loofburrow. “National parks offer stunning scenery and lots of outdoor activities. Cities such as Las Vegas, New York, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Seattle offer lots to see and do. Even if you’ve been to these places many times before, we can help you plan a visit filled with new adventures.”
AAA Travel professionals will be on hand to help you plan that perfect getaway. Of course, anyone can book travel online. But it can take hours of research about potential destinations, where to stay and what to do. And do the photos shown online really depict the location as it is in real life? How do you know if you’re getting a good price? The AAA Traveler Showcase gives you the opportunity to talk to travel pros so you can get the latest insider information and the most value for your vacation dollars.
“Our travel pros have been there, done that. They know the do’s and don’ts for your destination. Also, when you book through AAA Travel, we’re able to give you great value for your vacation dollars. We’re often able to throw in extras that you wouldn’t get if you booked on your own,” says Loofburrow.
The AAA travel experts can provide benefits and lots of useful how-to information:
- Find the best deals, get upgrades and money-saving travel perks.
- Save time. Travel pros can take the guesswork out of researching and evaluating the many options that are available to travelers, saving time and the hassle that often come with vacation planning. Who wants to spend hours researching possible destinations?
- Expert recommendations. A knowledgeable travel expert will make personalized recommendations and offer tips on destinations, what to see and do while on vacation, the best and worst times to travel, and much more.
- Help with the unexpected. Between weather delays, natural disasters, flight cancellations, lost luggage and much more, a lot can happen on vacation. Travel pros act as the traveler’s advocate in the event something goes wrong, helping navigate the challenge of making any necessary itinerary changes.
- Travel insurance… do I need it? And if so, what kinds of things are covered by travel insurance?
- What should I pack? What’s the best luggage? Our AAA travel and packing expert, Anne McAlpin will be there with her useful tips on how to “Travel Smart, Pack Light.”
- If I’m traveling internationally, what kind of plan do I need for my mobile phone and tablet so that I don’t get hit with a surprising bill?
- What kind of currency will I need and how much should I have on hand when I arrive in that country?
- What kind of ID do I need for traveling and driving in other countries?
Many AAA travel partners will be at the Traveler Showcase with vacation ideas for all age groups and budgets including AAA Member Choice Vacations, AmaWaterways, Azamara Cruises, Carnival Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Rocky Mountaineer, Royal Caribbean International, and Viking Cruises, to name a few. Learn more at a wide array of presentations:
- Holland America Line | On Stage Alaska
- Trafalgar + Brendan Vacations | Ireland & Scotland Tours
- Rocky Mountaineer | Canadian Rockies by Rail
- Princess Cruises | Mediterranean Ocean Cruises
- AAA Member Choice Vacations | Australia & New Zealand Tours
- Anne McAlpin | Packing Expert
- Alexander+Roberts | Holy Land & Middle East Small Group Tours
- African Travel | African Safaris and Tours
- AmaWaterways | European River Cruises
- Holland America Line | On Stage Alaska
- Viking Cruises | European River Cruises and Northern Europe Ocean Cruises
- Uniworld River Cruises | Vietnam and Cambodia River Cruises
- Celebrity Cruises | Panama Canal and South America Ocean Cruises
- Azamara Cruises | Asia and South Pacific Ocean Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International | Caribbean Ocean Cruises
- Carnival Cruises | Mexican Riviera Ocean Cruises
Hosted and guided tours are available, or you can travel independently. Experiential or Immersion travel is also very popular. This is where you really experience a particular place and get immersed in the culture, customs and/or history. Whether you love history, art or wine, or you enjoy hiking, fishing, kayaking or horseback riding—you can build vacations around just about any interest.
“Whatever kind of vacation you’re dreaming of, we can help you plan and book at the 2020 AAA Traveler Showcase,” adds Loofburrow. “Maybe you want to plan an incredible family reunion or take the grandkids on a cruise. Maybe you’re looking for that perfect romantic spot where you can pop the question or celebrate an anniversary. Or maybe you want to plan some fun in the sun with your college friends. Let us help you make your travel dreams become a reality!”
AAA news releases, high resolution images, broadcast-quality video, fact sheets and podcasts are available on the AAA NewsRoom at NewsRoom.AAA.com.
Find local news releases at https://www.oregon.aaa.com/category/news-releases/